Fall Pantry Granola Bars
3 1/4 cups traditional rolled oats
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar splenda
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup mixed nuts (I used nuts from a trail mix that had a lot of pumpkin seeds, had to pick out the raisins though)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8in baking pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the oats, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar splenda, pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until combined and smooth.
4. Pour the mixture over the oats and use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix until all the oats are moistened, then stir in the chocolate chips and mixed nuts.
5. Evenly press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure not to underbake. Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack. Cut bars and serve.
*Leftover bars can be individually wrapped in plastic wrap or stored in and airtight container and kept at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted from Brown Eyed Baker with a few small changes.