Tuesday, February 8, 2011

White Chocolate Blueberry Brownies


In an attempt to fatten up my coworkers I try to bake for them once a week. I use them as my guinea pigs to test out new recipes. Not that I’m trying to sabotage their diets, but somebody has to try all this stuff. This is one of my coworkers now, after all of the goodies…


It’s nice to have a little inspiration at times, so when my coworker and I were bored at work I started quizzing her about her favorite sweets. She said she loved brownies and anything with blueberries so I instantly thought white chocolate and blueberries would be great together. Turned out they tasted even better than I thought. 

White Chocolate Blueberry Brownies
Adapted from this recipe.

1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut in pieces
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup dried blueberries


Preheat oven to 350° F.

Butter and line a 9-inch baking pan with butter and parchment.

Place butter in a medium-sized, heat-proof bowl. Place bowl over a pot of barely simmering water, melt butter halfway. Add 4 ounces of the white chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and add in the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate. Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.

Place sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Using whisk attachment on high speed beat sugar and eggs until pale and thick, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add vanilla and chocolate mixture, beat just to combine.

In a separate bowl, using a fine-mesh sieve, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture and beat until smooth.


Fold in dried blueberries, (do not over mix).

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Remove from pan and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...