This definitely satisfies the chocolate/cookie butter craving, thank goodness so I don't have to buy so many chocolate bars. It's a crumbly chocolate shortbread crust that also has crushed speculoos cookies baked into it, with a creamy cookie butter middle, and topped with a smooth chocolate ganache. It's so good! It is rich so a little piece will do or you can pair it with a little whipped cream or maybe even a little ice cream.
Chocolate Cookie Butter Tart
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup speculoos cookies, crushed (plus extra for garnish)
pinch of salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg yolk, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
7 oz (1/2 jar) Trader Joe's crunchy cookie butter (that's it)
3oz milk chocolate, chopped
2oz dark chocolate, chopped
3/8 cup heavy cream
1. In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, cookies, and salt.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or large bowl using a hand mixer) cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
3. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until it comes together.
4. Press into a 9in' tart pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prick the bottom of the crust several times with a fork. Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
6. While crust is cooling, start on ganache. Heat cream in saucepan over medium heat just until the sides start to bubble.
7. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let set 2 minutes, the whisk until smooth.
8. Spread cookie butter over cooled crust then spread ganache over cookie butter, sprinkle extra cookie crumbs as garnish. Refrigerate until ganache is set.
You can serve it at room temp like I did or with a bit of a chill on it, whatever you like.