Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Snickerdoodle Muffins




Oh boy, are these addicting! Honestly, I have never had a Snickerdoodle cookie before but if they are anything like these, count me in. They smell heavenly while baking, and fill the house with a warm comforting aroma. These little beauties come out of the oven very moist, (which is great for a muffin, because no frosting is involved) and they are perfectly sweet. Can you believe the other half wouldn't even try one? He’s on his diet/working out routine again. It’s probably better anyway, more for me. Although, I did have three the night I baked them so I decided to get out of the house and go to the gym before I ate number four. I wonder if those 40 minutes on the elliptical actually burned them off. I took the rest to work with me today and received the same reaction. I think my boss had at least three as well, every time I went into the break room I caught him sneaking another bite, made me feel better. :) You will have no problem making any friends if you make these babies. It’s pure unadulterated cinnamony sugar goodness. 

Snickerdoodle Muffins

Ingredients: 
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 whole eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
¾ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoons cream of tartar
½ teaspoons salt
1 cup sour cream
¼ cups buttermilk 

For the topping: 
⅔ cups sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon 

Directions: 

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners (they are too fragile for just cooking spray). Set pan aside. 

In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butter and sugar and cream until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine. 

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add half of the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add the sour cream and buttermilk and mix to combine. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter. 

In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. 

Use an ice cream scooper and plop a scoop of batter into the bowl with the sugar and cinnamon. Gently roll the batter in the sugar and cinnamon. Place the ball into the paper liner. 

When you have completed all of the muffins, sprinkle the leftover cinnamon sugar onto the tops of all of the muffins. 

Bake the muffins at 350ºF for about 16-18 minutes or until they are golden on top and just baked through. 

I found this wonderful recipe while blog surfing, on Melissa Bakes.

1 comment:

  1. hey! your friend ashley told me about your blog so i'm following you and looking forward to checking out all your yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...