Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hey guys, hope you all had a good weekend. I did, I live for the weekends. I did a little shopping in preparation for my trip to New Mexico this week. I grew up there and haven’t been back in years. I’m going to help out my dad and visit family and friends. I’m actually really excited! Isn't it fun picking up those little travel size items? It seems like I always find something new that I have been wanting to try, so it’s always a score when I find the smaller version. It’s a good way to decide if you want to buy the actual product.

So the other half is giving me a hard time because I didn't go to the gym with him. I baked these yummy cookies instead. Hey they're healthy, and low cal. That counts for something right? These are nice and soft and moist and totally addictive. They are a healthier version but if you eat like ten at a time it's not going to make a difference. That said, they are scrumdiddliumtious.


Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies 

Makes about 35 cookies 

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour 
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar 
1/2 cup splenda
1/4 cup brown sugar splenda
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp maple extract
1/2 cup mashed banana (1 medium)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60%baking chips) 
1/2 cup chopped nuts (You can use any kind, I used mixed nuts) 

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by maple extract and mashed banana. 

4. Stir in flour mixture, then mix in the chocolate chips and toasted nuts until well-distributed in the batter

5. Shape dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet, leaving about 3 inches between cookies to allow for spread. (I used my cookie dough scoop)

6. Bake for 11-14 minutes, until cookies are a light golden brown.

7. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

107 Calories – 5g Fat – 5g Sugar 


Recipe adapted from Baking Bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...