Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sopapilla Cheesecake

I've got an easy one for you.

(Didn't get the best photos, took it to work so photos are snapped
 from there, but it doesn't make it any less delicious.)

The first time I ever heard of sopapilla cheesecake was this last year at the other half's company Christmas party. They had a dessert contest where this dessert won. By the time I had made my way to the dessert table there was none of it left for me to try. (I know, you think I'd be there first one there, but I was in public, I couldn't just run over like a crazed five year old trying to get her sugar fix). Of course the one that won was one of those super easy desserts, not the complicated recipes that takes hours to make. All the better, right? It's got a light pastry crust, then the creamy cheesecake layer, then a crispier pastry top that is topped with cinnamon sugar. Yum, yummy!


Sopapilla Cheesecake

Ingredients:
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
2 cans crescent dough roll sheet
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon)

Directions:
1.  Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package crescent roll dough and line the bottom of the pan.

2.  Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and extract and spread over the crescent roll dough.

3.  Unroll the other can of crescent roll dough and place on top of cream cheese mixture.

4.  Pour one stick of melted butter over the top and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.

5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


It's a Pillsbury recipe. See the original recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...